Saturday, November 2, 2013

Hunting for arrows


I started this blog a few months ago as a way to share my innermost thoughts with random strangers.
I started this blog a few months ago as a way to shamelessly promote my perspectives.
I started this blog a few months ago as a way to prevent myself from ever being elected to public office.

Actually I didn't really start this blog for any of the above reasons, but they’re probably true.  I've loved the concept of blogging for awhile. To me, blogging is the 21st-century version of a diary where you give the ENTIRE WORLD a key. What’s not to love?

Anyway, in the spirit of THE NATIONAL BLOGGING MILLENNIUM (National Blogging Month just sounds super lame), I decided to revamp the blog and get back into the swing of things. I've also renamed it because 1) no one was really reading the old blog anyway and 2) the whole name change thing seemed to work out for Miley Cyrus. And BeyoncĂ©. Sasha Fierce, anyone? But I digress…

Like all revolutionary ideas, Hunting for Arrows was inspired by an ambiguous quote I saw on Pinterest: “Follow your arrow.” Obviously it’s great advice to follow the guiding point that will lead you to where you’re meant to be. But in order to follow your arrow, you have to find it…and that’s the toughest part. I think that journey, the search to find meaning in a world that rarely makes sense, is what connects us as human beings. We’re all hunting for arrows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment